|October 1-6||National Day Holiday|
**FOR A COMPLETE LISTING OF ALL SCHOOL EVENTS, VIEW OUR WEBSITE CALENDAR.
Lately, our website has been changing almost daily. We encourage you to stay in touch with our website so you know about those changes. The latest changes are noted briefly below:
|Topic||Location on Web||Date Updated|
|Canvas Login Info||Instructional Page/Tech Tools HERE||September 2|
|Dismissal Locations||Safety Page HERE||September 2|
|Add/Drop Request Form added||Instructional Page/Tech Tools HERE||September 2|
CANVAS LOGIN INFO/HELP
We know many of you are having problems logging into Canvas. Just like anything, there's a learning curve. We are working through issues, sometimes learning them as we go, but one thing we hear regularly is about problems logging into Canvas.
- If your child is in ECC through Grade 2, you were emailed login information. (The Canvas login is the parent's email we have on record in PowerSchool.)
- If your child is in Grades 3 through 5, you were also emailed login information. (The Canvas login is the child's WYIS student email. This was sent to you, the parent, at the email address we have on file for you in PowerSchool. We do not expect children in Grades 3-5 to keep up with their email, which is why we sent this to you as well.)
- If your child is in Grades 6-12, your child was emailed login information to their WYIS student email account.
Many of the problems we hear about have to do with the log in page. Canvas should work correctly if you log in every time to canvas.ldi.global. If you have more than one child accessing their WYIS email and Canvas accounts on one device, you MUST log out of both programs before logging in as another student. If you do not, that will probably cause you problems.
Also, the picture here shows the correct login screen for Canvas. Starting from this screen (canvas.ldi.global) will ensure you are in the correct spot. If you are Grades 3-12, you HAVE a school issued email and will choose the button Login For Students with a School Issued Email Address. If you are EC3-Grade 2, you DO NOT HAVE a school issued email and should click Login For Students Without a School Issued Email Address.
Thank you for your patience as we work through week one, new procedures, new technology. We are confident things will work out well soon.
SECONDARY OFFICE HOURS
Dr. Rehm has set up Open Office Hours for secondary students from now until September 11.
• Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8-8:30 (China time), and Wednesday from 8-8:15 (China time)
• Zoom link: HERE
• Meeting ID: 983 0421 1774
• For the password, students should check their WYIS student email account.
NEW ARRIVAL LOCATIONS FOR SECONDARY & ECC
We're working on the best ways for students to enter the academic building each morning, and we've updated our procedures for ECC and Secondary.
- ECC - Enter through the back door of the classrooms, not the side door. (Same place you exit at end of day.)
- SECONDARY - Enter through the side door near the large playground and basketball courts. (Same place you exit at end of day. Same location as last year.)
Elementary students continue to enter through the main lobby.
LIBRARY BOOKS RENEWED UNTIL SEP. 4
All library books have been renewed until Friday, September 4. If you are not able to return your books by September 4, please email us at email@example.com and let us know about your situation and projected return date.
SAFE & CLEAN WATER
Our Academic and Athletic Buildings are equipped with water machines that students can use to refill their water bottles. Every floor has one water machine students can access. The filter on the machines ensures the water is as safe and healthy as possible. We do not use large plastic water bottles to dispense water in our Academic Building.